Carel O. Alburo,
Louren Kristy A. Algarme,
Jay Christine R. Desierto,
Elisa Marie N. Lim,
Denn Aldrian T. Pepito
Pregnancy was a delicate stage during motherhood and handled with care because not only the mother's life is at stake but also the unborn child. However, there will be pregnant women who opt not to undergo these check ups for a variety of reasons.
This study was the first study on Obstetrical and Medical Profile and Child outcomes of postpartum mothers in a secondary general hospital in Cebu and the study was conducted at Eversley Child's Sanitarium and general hospital located at Upper Jagobiao Rd., Mandaue City, Cebu.
The researchers concluded that all the variables mentioned in the study had made a significant effect on one another. Majority of the mothers were within the child bearing age, most of them had finished at least secondary education.
1. Barros, H. . "Role of prenatal care in preterm birth " Journal of Public Health Medicine 18(3): 321 - 328, 1996
2. Blocker, W. . (2015, November 30). Stages of pregnancy: week by week. http://www.onhealth.com.
3. Reynes, Josefina . "Women in transition: Patterns of prenatal care in semi-rural Philippines" Journal of Southeast Asian Studies 16(2): 292 - 303, 2011
5. (2014, November 30). World Health Organization. www.who.iont/topics/maternal_health/en.
6. UNICEF, . (2008, November 30). Extreme risks for pregnant women and newborn babies in developing countries. http://www.unicef.org./philippines/mediacenter_10139.html.